Saturday, December 24, 2005

For all the dads out there

I have a question to pose to you dads who read this blog; what do you do if your daughter decides to marry someone for love?

If you were normal, you might be mad if the guy is a "dirt bag", in your opinion, or overjoyed if you like your son-in-law.

In Pakistan, though, you
  • murder
  • her, and possbibly any sisters she has.

    This just makes me sick.

    I thought fathers were supposed to protect their daughters from this sort of thing, not kill them because they make you look bad.

    I also thought the reason people get married are because they love eachother and want to spend the rest of their lives together, not because their parents micromanage every aspect of their lives.

    For a while I joked about trying arranged marriage because I wanted to be settled down with a family by now, but I really despise it. I am not a big fan of the idea that who you are going to be spending the rest of your life with is decided as a child by your parents.

    I guess that's just my evil Western attitude.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    In America, if my daughter decided to marry a "dirtbag", I'd take HIM out ... not her. Problem solved.

    Merry Christmas!