Monday, August 23, 2004

Just a Post Before I Go...

Apologies to Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young for the above title. Anyway, I'm going to be leaving in about an hour for the recruiter's station, from which they will take to a hotel near O'Hare International Airport. I will be reporting to MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) very early the next morning, where they will be doing a quick once-over just to make sure I'm still okay, and then I will be off to Fort Jackson, South Carolina, where I will be in Basic Combat Training for the next nine weeks. After graduation (if I make it that far), I will be going through AIT (Advanced Individual Training), after which I will finally be a soldier in the United States Army Reserve.

I am not going to be able to post here for a long while, so until I come back, behave, and, in the words of Gen. Douglas McArthur, "I shall return".

No comments: