Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Has the Public School System Gone Too Far?

A high school district in the People's Republic of Ill-Annoy
  • gave detention to students
  • .

    For posting stuff on blogs

    At home.

    Granted, the stuff was illicit in matter, but where are the parents? If they were around, they probably wouldn't be doing that stuff. This is also why it is recommended that parents put the PC in common area, such as a den, living room, or family room. That is what my parents did when we first got a computer that could access the internet, as my sister and I were twelve and fifteen, repectively, at the time. They also set up rules about where to go and not go, and what to say and not say when talking to people online.

    Granted, I have a computer in my bedroom, but I didn't get it until I was nineteen ( I will be twenty-two in October), and I bought it with my own money. Add to that, I was a legal adult at the time, and I have better sense than to do what they do. If anyone propositions me, or proposes to me online (that has actually happened to me once), I block their E-mails and instant messenger screen names.

    No comments: